I have never yet been able to post from my micro.blog to this stream, although the feed from here is reliably picked up there, and brid.gy reliably pulls replies from there to here. @manton suggested we move my complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org, but I can see no way of actually engaging with that account. So this afternoon, I decided to attempt to go back to the beginning.
It was a miserable failure.
Here's how it went:
- Revoke all current authorisations for micro.blog
- There were four of them, two from yesterday when I last tried.
- Launch OS X app
- “If you’re using WordPress or another server, first open the preferences window and enter your web site URL to set it up for posting within the app.”
- Roger that. But the old website was still there. Is that going to be a problem?
- Start a new post; the old website is there at the bottom. This is going to be a problem.
- Same old Same old; Error sending post.
- Post does not arrive at micro.blog
- Post does not arrive at WithKnown
- WithKnown Error log is empty.
- Access log shows no sign of anything from recent attempt to post from micro.blog
- Check to make sure I have up to date micro.blog app
- “Micro.blog can’t be updated when it’s running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive.” Move Micro.blog to Applications folder using Finder, relaunch it from there, and try again.
- Strange. Check path to micro.blog.
- Path is “/Applications/Micro.blog.app”.
- Check the App Store; disappointed but also content that there is not an update.
- Delete web site URL from preferences; quit micro.blog, mostly for superstitious reasons; launch micro.blog.
- Very strange; web site URL is still there. Or back? Maybe the app pulls it from micro.blog?
- Repeat; same outcome. Superstition justified. Go to my account at micro.blog.
- See I have three App tokens. The one for MarsEdit is definitely pointless, as I am not hosted at micro.blog. Remove it.
- Throw caution to the winds; remove the tokens for IOS and OS X
- OK, IOS now says “Internal Server Error” on attempting to connect. I think I ought to sign out now and then sign back in.
- Phew. All is good. And I have a new app token.
- On iOS, try to write a new post; insert my Known site; authorise micro.blog; write a test post. Post it.
- “Error sending post”. Tear hair out, as now I do not seem to be able to post to micro.blog from iOS app.
- Go back to 22; remove iOS app token and authorisation token at WithKnown.
- Log back in. Can no longer post without adding WithKnown, and posting gives an error, as at 26.
- Try again from OS X; same error as at 8.
- Post to WithKnown; feed is picked up.
Any and all suggestions gratefully received.